Friday, January 22, 2010

In Loving Memory of Grandpa "Figs" Hanna

My Grandpa Figs passed away on Thursday evening, and I thought I would post a few pictures that I have of him. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the knowledge of families being sealed for time and all eternity. So even though we are apart right now, we will be together again. I am grateful for the time we had to live in Utah for a few years and be close enough to visit my grandparents and for them to come and visit me. Growing up we were always so far away.This first picture was the last time that Makena and I would see him. I love how they are looking at each other in this picture. This is so sweet to me.
My grandpa was a bee keeper and would put honey on everything instead of sugar. Makena we have found, does not like PB&J, but will only eat PB & honey. I say this is her Hanna side coming out. Keeps her extra sweet. I think grandpa would be so proud.
These were from Makena's blessing day.

This is what I remember most of Grandpa figs was his love for their garden. Him and my grandma have an extraordinary garden full of just about everything.

Love you grandpa. You will be missed.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. But we do have reasons to be so grateful for the gospel and it's eternal truths. I'm glad you have all those great pictures to remember him by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all that we learned at the funeral. My favorite story was him walking to school in the snow ahead of his little sister, clearing a path for her. How very thoughtful! What a sweet man.

    ReplyDelete