A couple of days before we left Idaho, we got a small snow storm. So outside Makena and I went to build a snowman. She has been begging to go to the snow, since she has been looking at all her baby pictures from each winter having snow. So at least she was able to get a little snow. I did not think there was enough snow for a big snowman and so we built a little one. Then after I realized after that one was done that there was plenty of snow, we went to work building another one. Trust me I felt them both the next day!
We also took a trip to McCall, Idaho a couple of days after the funeral. They have this tradition of having snow sculptures made and judged. It was really awesome. The theme for this year was an animal theme. The one on top was the grand prize winner and the Indian one took first place. It was really amazing to see what they could do with snow.
Some of the sculptures included slides that Makena loved. Oh and check out the icicle quills on the porcupine.

She looks so cute in her big fluffy jacket! And so excited to be out in the snow.
ReplyDeleteShe looks so adorable in her snow suit. I hope that Ezra will start to like the snow since we live in snow country, but to this point he hates it. We miss you guys, maybe you will get stationed at Hanscom Air Force Base, it is just up the road and then Makena could teach Ezra to love snow too!
ReplyDeleteHow cool is that!!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and I'm glad that Makena was able to play in the snow :)
ReplyDelete