So here is the moving truck we drove in to Oklahoma, and yes we pulled the car behind. It was just Makena and I. Chris is in Washington where he is doing his survival training. I guess this can be considered mine. I drove this truck here by myself, learned to move the car on and off the trailer, as well as attach and take off the trailer. Oh and did I mention the trip was made with a 2yr old who somehow broke the dvd player after the first movie. ARRRRR!! Despite feeling extremely empowered by this experience, I would never suggest anyone else do this!! And YES, I would never do it again. I remember reading a list of "you might be an Air Force Wife IF" I think this would fall under that. I think this trip without Chris has really toughened up those Air Force Wife muscles.
Makena loved being up front and being so high that she could see everything.
I do have to give huge "THANKS" to all for the help I received. All those who watched Makena while I cleaned and packed as well as the many who came to help load in Texas and unload in Oklahoma. We had 8 guys show up in OK to unload the truck. What a welcoming committee.
Here we are the first day moving in and you think she was a little tuckered out.
Here we are the first day moving in and you think she was a little tuckered out.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

I would have cried if I had to drive a truck that big by myself. I am SO impressed with you! Amazing. I have a friend of mine moving to Oklahoma City in a month or two. I will have to facebook you and find out where you are at!
ReplyDeleteHUGE pat on the back!!!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl!! That is amazing. There is NO way I could have driven that huge truck all the way to OK. Good luck unpacking and getting settled :)
ReplyDeleteYEAH for you!! I know it's hard to do the move - but you're superwoman, so I knew you'd do great!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that so many people showed up when you got there...it's amazing to me that there's always so much help for a Mormon Military wife!!!!!!
can't wait to hear more about it :)
You are made of tougher stuff than me Megan!! We miss you so much already. Oklahoma is lucky to have you!
ReplyDeleteGirl you are AWESOME!!! I guess you do what you gotta do and thankfully I haven't had to do what you did. Keep us posted with pictures of the new house.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gal?!? I find myself doing outrageous perhaps crazy things similiar to this since becoming a mom and I think it looks good on all of us! Hope to visit soon!
ReplyDeleteWOW! That truck is huge! Was it hard? You sure are amazing! Good job!
ReplyDeletethat picture of her in the box is so sweet!!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! I don't think I could have done that all by myself. That's very intimidating to me to have to have driven that big truck first of all, then to add the car with the trailer as well. You' are an amazing woman! Glad you were able to get as much help as you did! :)
ReplyDelete