Monday, April 11, 2011

Childrens Museum!

I know most of the pictures I post lately are from our playgroup. This is about the only time I get out the camera right now. I am amazed how hard it is to be a single parent and my amazement goes to those who are. I only do it doing deployments, but it is more than enough for me. I never wanted to be a single mom, but that is what military life has brought. Ok, I'm getting off soapbox. We were able to go to this adorable children's museum. It is about an hour away from us, but was totally worth the price of gas. They had soooooo many things for them to do. We were there most of the day and still did not get to everything they have to offer.

Here was a little dinosaur bone area. The kids could use all of the tools to pretend to dig up bones. They had this little airplane to ride. Makena loved it.
They all spent so much time in this old car. It was just adorable to watch!
And of course, Makena is no stranger to sitting in a cockpit. It is her favorite place when we go to air shows.
Here they got to pretend to be on TV doing the weather. They had cameras up on the other side of the room so they could watch themselves. What kid doesn't like to see them self on TV?
Then there was a mini supermarket for them to go shopping. There was small carts and all types of food to buy. After they were done shopping they took their item to the checkout where they put all of their things of the counter and then with the help of a worker, they checked themselves out. It was so adorable.
There was this huge slide that even the parents could go in. We both had lots of fun with this one.
They anxiously waited for their turn to ride on this little train that took them around the property.
This had to be one of my favorites. You stand in the middle and pull down the rope. Then you get covered in bubble!!!! Toooo Much Fun! We all loved this one.
Just thought this was a cute quote as we left. This place was amazing and so much fun. And like I said earlier this was only a few of the things. We will have to go back to see and do more.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like tons of fun (and what an awesome playgroup too. you are always doing fun things with them). I love children's museums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Children's museum. My kids love place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to the childrens museum in new braunfels and lik
    Lilia didn't want to leave the grocery area the whole time.
    I think military wives sometimes have it harder than even single moms! If you were a single mom you'd go to work and get some adult interaction. I couldn't do what you do. I really look up to you, and all the military wives I know.

    ReplyDelete