Sunday, May 15, 2011

Daddy's Home!

Daddy has been deployed for the last two months. It was really hard on Makena, for me it was a breeze (YEAH RIGHT). I do not make a good single mom. We were so excited to get him home. Makena helped me get the yard done. So I just thought I would get a few quick pics before we went to go get him. This ended up being a perfect ideas because as we loaded up the car with daddy it began to pour and pour and pour!!




As we waited for Chris to get back, we were in this small auditorium with the other wives and kids. Makena was having fun running around. She laid down next to another little girl. They were on their tummy's with their hands under their chins. It was the cutest picture! I ran to get the camera when all of a sudden Makena jumps up and runs for the door yelling daddy!!

She jumped into his arms and was so excited to see him and vice versa!



So because of the rain I did not get a picture of them outside until the next day when Chris got home from work. He brought home all kinds of goodies for Makena. Del Sol is huge there. So everything he got her changes color. She got shirts, sunglasses, flower clips, rings, and nail polish that all change color in the sun. We are so happy to have daddy home once again.



5 comments:

  1. Made me cry just reading about her running for Chris! What a priceless moment. Thank you guys for your service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting! Now maybe he will be around when we swing by. I love her cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics made me teary. I am so glad he is home so you guys can spend some tome together. And that dress is darling btw, I love it with the cowboy boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO excited for you both to have your hubby and daddy home. Pictures like the one of Makena and her Dad always bring a tear to my eye.

    ReplyDelete