Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hula Dances And More!

Makena was so excited when the trees started blooming. These were her favorites!!!! She called them Hula Dances!!!! And of course, these were popcorn trees. This is our front yard. She would get so excited to go outside so that she could see her popcorn tree. These trees are everywhere here and so you can guess how many times this spring we sang "Popcorn Popping"


Since Chris has been gone, I enlisted the sister missionaries help in painting. This is Makenas Tinkerbell room. This is only the start. Eventually I will get all the stenciling done I want. I just have to make them. Makena was thrilled to help paint.
They also helped me get the spare bathroom painted. Pictures to come on that one. Because it has just been Makena and I, we have had to figure out more things to do. I got really tired of cutting out the same shapes over and over again with Play-Doh so we went and found some more toys. We have been having a blast making all sorts of goodies! My friend Jamie came over with her kiddos and we got to color eggs. Didn't get pictures of the kids like I meant to, guess I was too worried trying to keep the kids from making to big a mess. After the kids dyed them, the moms got crafty with the glitter and the foil. I had a blast! My friend Melanie and her daughter Annabelle came to stay a night with us as they drove through. Makena was so excited when she saw that she had the same pj's as her. Thanks grandma!


1 comment:

  1. That is so nice that the missionaries came to help paint! I can't wait to see her finished room.

    ReplyDelete