Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fancy Nancy Party Part 2

So here are the invitations that I made for the party. I found so many cute ideas for this party online and then went a little crazy. Let me just say that by the end of this party Stickles were one of my best friends!This is the inside of the invite.

This was the candy table. I had lots of pink candies so the kids could fill up their bags at the end.


Here is the up-close of the cupcakes. I colored whipped frosting at then covered it in decorating sugar and used pink crystals.

I made the toppers using my cricut and Chris created the images for me to use.


I dipped marshmallows in pink chocolate then dipped them in pink sugar or sprinkles. This was actually lots of fun and when Makena say them she got so excited!


Here are the cupcake wrappers. I also cut these on my cricut and then used spray adhesive and lightly glittered. I did not just use the glitter paper because it is hard to cut and there were so many intricate cuts being made.
This is what it looked like after it was cut. Then you just fold in the ends.


I loved this little Eiffel Tower I also found at Hobby Lobby. (I am addicted to that store)

I found these cut wall stickers that were Fancy Nancy and they were put up throughout the house. I had so much fun making the cake "Fancy".


So did you think it was real? Ha Ha! It is actually made of styrofoam. I knew we would never eat that much cake and it would take me forever to make so I found these cake dummies and used them. I didn't even use frosting. We used joint compound. Chris did that part for me and then sanded them down. Then I just painted the layers. Pretty tricky Huh?! I told Chris it looked like amateur fondant. He apologized, but I said it was perfect. Because if I was to actually roll out that much fondant, that was how it would look!
Now on to the Thank-You's. Once again I used the Stickles like crazy. I am so glad that it comes in so many colors.

Here is the inside.

6 comments:

  1. WOWWWWWWW! Makenna is lucky to have you for a mommy! Fancy party indeed. Infact, maybe the party of the century!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I bet she loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHUT.UP.
    That is seriously incredible!
    Have you thought about a career in child party planning?! Seriously! This is absolutely a.maz.ing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over the top my friend. I wish you could put on all my kids birthday parties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan-
    I don't have your email or ph. Will you please email me. I'd love to give you some information on the genetic clotting disorder they diagnosed me with & that they blame for our miscarriages. julie.lemke@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete