Monday, September 16, 2013

Back at it!

I know, I know, I know!! It has been almost 2 years to date since I have posted. I have just got out of the habit and then catching up seemed like to big of a demon to conquer, but here I go. Sword wielded, helmet on and running toward danger! I missed having the record of our lives, family missed the pictures that I put up so valiantly, even my husband missed checking the blog to see if there were new picture (and that is saying a lot). So sorry for going back, but I have to catch up and don't want the last 2 years lost. When I last wrote I was going to finish our trip to Utah. We had such a fun time and did so many things I have to start there. While Makena and I  were there we made it a goal to visit as many temples as possible.  We managed to make it to 12 different temples.
 
Only in UTAH!!    
 
Our first stop was Salt Lake City temple. She loved the flowers at every temple!
 


 A few days later we were back at visiting temples. We went to Jordan River next.

 Then we headed for the Oquirrh right after, since it was very close.
  As we were taking pictures, our friend Crenda drove by and saw us. We did not know that she lived right there and we had met up with her and her boys earlier that day to play and catch up. Makena wanted to take a picture of the two of us!
Draper temple was also just a short drive away and so off we went! 
 When I was taking this picture I kept telling her to put her hand down so I could see her face, but then she finally said, "but mom, I'm trying to be like Angel Moroni". How could I refuse that picture?

 We stayed with my aunt Shiela in Bountiful so that was our next stop.


 Then it was off to Logan to see our old friends and show Makena where she was born.

 We stopped at the Brigham City temple on our way back. It was just being constructed.
 We also stopped at Ogden which was under construction for repairs.
 St. George was our next stop for Josh and Sam's wedding.

 On our way back to Salt Lake we went to Mt. Timpanogos.



 We also got hit by the rain by the time we got to the Provo temple. You can't see the rain in the pictures, but I promise it was pouring!

 Then on our way out of Utah, we went through Monticello.


No comments:

Post a Comment