Monday, October 5, 2009

Stampin' Good Time

Makena has loved to get into my scrapbooking stuff since she was able to do so. She was intent on pulling every piece of paper and every embellishment out of the drawers. I would always tell her "no" in fear that she was going to ruin everything (and by the way, this stuff is not cheap). However, I did not want Makena to think that scrapbooking was "wrong" or "bad" by not letting her see what this was all about. So I decided it was time to let her try it out. This weekend I got a new stamp set with turtles and frogs and she was so excited. I showed her how to use the stamps and she had a great time. And truthfully, so did I. This morning she asked to stamp again, so we got out the stamps and even got out some more animals ones for her to use.

She was stampin' happy!

I love "Close to My Heart" stamps because they are clear and they don't take up as much space. I love to be able to see where I am stamping, leaving less room for me to make mistakes, which I am so good at. Sorry for those who use Stampin' Up and you're welcome to Nicole.

Look at that technique. Could any scrappy mom be happier.

Just the two of us having a stampin' good time!

We stamped turtles, frogs, alligators, monkeys, lion, elephants, hippos and more. We had a blast!


5 comments:

  1. That is so cute you let her play with your scrapbooking stuff. You have a lot of money invested in that, but it's good you are still willing to let her try it! And you figured out the collage thing! YAY! It looks great! If you don't want as big as a border around it, you can open up the jpeg file in any editing application (I just use the one that came with my computer, not photoshop) crop the border smaller and then resave. It was good talking to you on the phone today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clear stamps. Next time I buy stamps I will have to look for those. I know I say this all the time but I love that Makena looks just like you! My kids are all Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the little CTMH plug! I could not be prouder then if Makena was my own daughter stamping away. ;) It is also great that the kids can use these stamps and you can just clean them off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog from Cheryl's (when I click on your comments on my blog, it doesn't have any details about your profile or blog. So, a belated welcome to the blogging world.
    Makena is such a cutie.
    Hope you guys are enjoying TX!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! :) I love when they learn new things and really seem to have a nack for it! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete