Well for those of you who know me, know that I have this lust for adventure and thrills. The
"faster the better" the "more spins and loops" and "falling from airplanes" and such. I am afraid that my daughter has got a large dose of my adrenaline junkie in her.
"faster the better" the "more spins and loops" and "falling from airplanes" and such. I am afraid that my daughter has got a large dose of my adrenaline junkie in her.
We went to pool yesterday, because well Makena loves the pool and we only have two more weeks of it being opened. Which I don't understand because it will still be over a hundred degrees here. We love to go cool off.
We had been playing for about an hour, and she saw other kids jumping off the diving board. (of course they were much older than she is) She knew she had to have a turn. So we took her over to the diving board and well, let her jump.
When she got on, everyone started paying attention. They could not believe this little thing going to jump. We all waited anxiously to see what would happen.
She got to the edge and of course the first time I was with her. I was holding her hands. We then told her she could jump to daddy. She hesitated for only a second.
Then it was OFF she went!!!!
Everyone, including Chris and I, were in complete shock that she actually jumped. In fact, I am still in shock that she did it and I watched her do it. After the first time, she just kept wanting to go again and again. I couldn't even tell you how many times she did it. Way to go Makena. Brave little thing.

What a cutie! I think Ezra is a little fish like her though. We took him down Rick and MaryAnne's slide a few times and he loved it.
ReplyDeleteSometimes it is good to have a dare devil because they are willing to try new things...on the other hand they are always jumping off things and doing things beyond their years ;)
ReplyDeleteThat's super brave!! GO MAKENA!!!
ReplyDeleteShe's totally cute Megan! Sounds like my daughter- she went nuts at Disneyland and had to go on every roller coaster. :)
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is so beautiful. I can't believe she jumped off the board. We started teaching my 5 year old how to swim this summer and she barely jumped off the edge. That is so great.
ReplyDeleteCrazy! You know a kid like that is fun because she will try new things but she can really stress a Mom out because you have to keep a constant eye on her! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I miss her so much!
ReplyDelete