While Chris was gone to his flight training in July, Makena and I had time to play. We went to McCallen, TX to go visit a friend and her boys. Then we all went to Corpus Christi to the beach.

We were all so excited to go and have fun in the sun!
Makena loved playing in the sand with all the toys.

They were all having
sooo much fun.

My friend
Sariah was great at burying the kids in the sand.

Here they were digging James out.

While we ate lunch, we had many unexpected visitors (if you have ever seen the movie "The Birds") you will know how we were feeling. So the boys took off to go chase them away.

Isn't this just cute!!!!

We also went to the Texas State Aquarium. However,
Makena did not last long so it was back to the hotel for nap. Thanks
Sariah, James, and
Jarom for a wonderful time.
Chris and I asked Makena the other day if she wanted a birthday party or if she wanted to go to the beach. She of course chose the beach. (Are we raising her well or what) So this weekend we are going to take Daddy to Corpus for Makena's Birthday. YEAH!!!!
I would have chosen beach over birthday party too! She's a smart girl...deserves a BIG cake :)
ReplyDeleteI am super jealous! I have not been to the beach in years. Lucky!! Smart girl. I hope you have fun on your trip back tothe beach.
ReplyDeleteHow fun that you guys get to go to the beach & do all those fun trips! Looks like Texas life suits you guys just fine!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh she is getting so big make her quit growing will you! Talya and Keian are so jealous they didn't get to go to the beach with you as they are swimming fools!
ReplyDeleteHey Megan!!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny, your next post will have to be pretty much the same thing. How fun! The only time we went there there were jelly fish!!! Did you see any? Or get stung by any? Not fun.
I love your family picture at the top.